Tuesday, April 17, 2012

the FROG get's a new hat

Yesterday was my first day back in the saddle and back on the FROG, I'll admit I was a bit uneasy thinking I would take a beating by the SS gearing. I was pleasantly surprised at how good I felt and how I was able to ride every trail without stopping. I don't know if it was the trip out west and I'm stronger or maybe the difference in altitude gave me some advantage but I felt much better than I thought I would. I would think any advantage from altitude would have already passed after a week, not that there was really much of a difference but I'l take it.

Wanting to get my ride in before I made the bike shop rounds I was forced to dig into the old parts bin deep in my basement for a suitable saddle for the FROG. I found a couple and went with this old Performance brand saddle I've had for years, not really the nicest seat but it was a great bang for my buck back in the day.





Ahh the smell of a fresh saddle. Ain't it purdy! I picked one up and dropped off another along with my broken roadie frame.




If you look hard you can see the crack just above where the carbon stops. Fingers crossed I get something of equal or better value in return.
Throwing caution to the wind, I ordered another Surly cog, something a bit smaller in diameter and a little faster in hopes that I will be able to raise all hell at the 12 Hours of Tsali on the FROG with only one gear. I did just realize I forgot to pick up the rear shifter I'd ordered. Maybe it's a sign?


No comments: