Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Festival cont.

After the ride we headed back to our vehicles and opted for warmer clothing and began the search for some refueling and adult beverages. It wasn't hard to acquire a beverage, did I mention that it was free? Thanks to New Belgium & local brewery, Underground Brewing for providing some great brew. After a couple of beers we all began to wonder if we should head out in search of dinner because all that they had was popcorn, Little Debbie's & granola bars. Not really wanting to leave I ate my weight in Rice Krispy Treats only to find out a gourmet dinner spread was on it's way, and gourmet it was. It was one of the best meals I've eaten in a long time, and did I mention it was free?





I ran across a few pics on the Facebox of a couple of the new bridges.













This was the one that took out the first rider of the day. Melinda made a point to tell me she rode it twice.



After the sun went down the lights came on, prizes were handed out and a few bands played well into the night.












Stolen Sheep, John Baker, aka (Mr. Hill of Truth) on drums.








Big Bad Oven







The Wild Gifts







Stuff was burned






This one was new on me but impressive, old water heaters used as fire pits. Very cool








After few adult beverages, Rick decided it was time to ride again and he grabbed someone else's bike. A monster bike built from 2 Wal-Mart specials. One frame was a full squish, put on backwards and used as the fork. Needless to say it was tough to get moving and steer, but that could have been the Fat Tire talking.







I hate to say it but we missed most of the late night shenanigans, we called it an early night. We had about a 20 minute drive to the hotel and I didn't want to get into trouble on the way. Unfortunately the only hotel or should I say motel in Knoxville that doesn't discriminate against larger dogs, wasn't the nicest of places. Since when do bigger dogs cause more problems than small dogs? Just because we don't carry our dogs in Melinda's purse doesn't mean we can't stay in a nicer place.


I think we were the minority but most were pretty friendly. The clerk at the front desk advised against leaving any valuables in the car, I took that as our bikes and rolled them into the room, mud and all. Melinda made the comment that we should have camped. How many women do you know that say stuff like that? Next year we probably will.

No comments: