Monday, March 31, 2008

and... I'm back

Well I started this blog, did 3 posts and then nothing. I swear I didn't give up on it, I've just been on vacation. Melinda and I have been pretty busy the last few days. We just recently bought a pop-up camper and that in itself has been quite an adventure. We didn't think we were going to get it in time for our trip to Savannah last week but we somehow managed to pull it off just in time but it wasn't easy. The day after we got it home I was trying to put it up and the top fell on it while I was inside. Don't worry no injuries, it has a safety feature to keep it from coming down on your head. It did scare the crap out of me though. I was at home alone when it happened so Melinda got a pretty frantic call while in the check out line at Wal-Mart. It's not that we bought a piece of crap, I think I screwed it up while trying to adjust the door. Evidently it uses some sort of clutch to hold the top in place when in the upright position but now it's no longer holding. I managed to rig up a device that will hold the top in place as well as a couple of 2x4's on the inside so that we could take it on our trip. I guess I'll be taking it into the shop next week for repairs.



Her she is hooked up to the truck. Melinda has affectionately named it the "Pancake Shack" The new truck pulled it like a champ over the mountain. Now if I can just learn how to back the dang thing into my driveway everything will be good.


Moonshine and Jackson love their new home away from home, they say it sure beats sleeping in the back of the truck. We never really set up much of a camp or even set up the awning. There was so much to do in Savannah we pretty much only came back to camp to sleep.

I took a ton of photos in Savannah but I've got to sort through them all first but I promise I'll try to post some of them later today or tomorrow. Savannah is a very bike friendly town so I got alot of cool bike pics. We saw mostly beach cruisers and fixies since the city is mostly flat. We had planned to take our new cruisers but I found out the day we left our hitch rack won't fit in the hitch on the back of the camper. It's a 2" receiver but for some reason it's just a hair too small. hmm.... what to do now? We did take our mtn bikes which we hauled on the roof rack. (Beach cruisers and roof rack do not go well together) More to came later
Greg

1 comment:

Johnny T said...

the popup looks great- i never made it out to the campsite before we left.