Sunday, December 20, 2009

back in the woods

Travels last week, a bunch of rain, a bunch of snow & working nights has really taken a toll on my time on the bike. With the wintery assault mother nature just laid on us it looks as if it my be a while before any of us see any trail time at our local singletrack hotspot, Warriors. Us country folk here in the south may not be as used to the snow as some of our northern brethren and 6 inches may not be a big deal but the snow we saw this week was wet and heavy knocking out power, water and uprooting trees everywhere.
Melinda, the dogs & I got out and hit the trails today for a little snow hike and to access the damage.
We found several good sized trees blocking the trail and a bunch of smaller pines that fell creating a domino effect in several areas.
We didn't arrive prepared with a chainsaw but we were able to remove 4 small trees by hand and clean up alot of debris.
I was able to lift this pine with the force but that is is far as I got it. I guess I need to work on my Jedi skills a bit.
It was nice to get out and hike after being stuck in the house and enjoy the snow which is something we don't see very often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that Force>pine tree picture is awesome!