Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Slickrock Trail - Video recap

I think I may be getting the hang of this blogging thing again.

I took a few minutes, well actually alot longer than that, to put together another video from my footage of our riding out west in Utah. This video is from the famous Slickrock Trail.

While the Slickrock Trail is cool and definitely unique due to the fact that you're riding a smooth rock surface for about 98% of the time it definitely wasn't my favorite ride out there. I enjoyed it for sure but let's just say it was it was a weird experience.

When I thought Slickrock I imagined myself soaring all over the trail swooping and flying up and down the sandstone. It wasn't like that at all, it was more like crawling up and down and across steep slopes of hard sandpaper. Go down anywhere and you're likely to loose some skin. I can image the locals who ride this one regularly, really go though the tires.
Don't get me wrong if we go back I'll do it again and I'm sure with practice it gets faster and more fun. It's definitely one of those must do trails if visiting the area. I've never rode anything like it.
Enjoy!


I've still got 2 more videos worth of footage to put together so stay tuned.


No comments: