Saturday, June 14, 2008

back to square 1

The Dos Niner is a no go. I got the word from Brian at Hampton Trails soon after my post that Salsa didn't have any and it doesn't look like there will be any coming this year. Who's buying up all the Dos Niners? I can get one on-line if I want to spend an extra $200 plus shipping but my budget was already stretched at Brian's price. So now it's back to square one. I'm thinking about 2 options.
Option 1 - Support my local bike shop and save money by keeping the Haro Mary and upgrading what lower end components are on it.
Option 2 Buy a Salsa Mamasita online for way more $$$ and build it up with lower end components.
Option 1 will have nicer components, don't get me wrong the Haro is a sweet bike, Option 2 is a nicer frame (Scandium/Carbon frame) but lower end components. Option 2 will be more expensive by a couple hundred $$$.
I'm leaning more towards the Mary but I'm not 100% percent yet. Another cool thing about the Haro is the name "Mary" I like it, it's an unusual name for a bike but that's what makes it cool.
The Monkey and Mary, those two just sound good together. I think they would get along well. The Monkey and Mamasita, sounds nice but just doesn't have the same buzz. Hmm

No comments: