Saturday, July 5, 2008

flyin' a really big kite

My brother-in-law John, who lives out in Savannah GA is into flying power kites on the beach. When he first got started he got a fairly small one which I got to fly when we went down for a visit earlier this spring. Well when I say a small kite it's small for a power kite but huge compared to a normal kite.
It's a beast that can easily pull you down the beach and after about 15 mins. of flying I thought my arms were going to fall off. Earlier this week he sent me a video of his new kite that's about twice the size of his old one. This one will not only drag you down the beach but it will pick you up and fly you down the beach. Check his video out.

Later

Oh yeah pics and stories from our trip to Dupont should be up sometime late tomorrow. I'm working nights so I really don't feel like doing much with it during the day.

4 comments:

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

thers no way he has any skin left on his feet after all that dragging on the beach lol, Thats insane. You could do pedestrian bowling with that. Just go through a bunch of peeps laying on the beach....lol! It really looks like a variation of wind surfing

Anthony Duncan said...

That looks like those kitesurfing kites. I wanted to try it when we were in Hatterras last year, but at $200 per lesson, I decided against it.

Riding with dogs said...

wuss

Johnny T said...

that's the end goal - kite surfing - this one isn't built for that but it will work for snowkiting or dirtkiting. I haven't tried either yet.