Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Here comes the rain



Here comes the rain and man did we need it. It's really been a dry summer. My yard looks like crap and we been trying to water all the new plants and flowers we planted this spring. I'd hate to see all the money we invested on the landscaping go to waste.

There is one thing that's growing like crazy in our garden. Check out those cucumbers! They're huge and I've barely paid any attention to them. We originally planted two but one of the plants mysteriously disappeared one day roots and all. I thinks is was a good thing because the one that's left is taking over the entire garden and moving into the yard. I think next year we might expand our garden to 2 more and start growing even more vegetables.

Poor Moonshine and Jackson, between the T-storms that have hit this weekend and the fireworks surrounding the 4th, they are a nervous wreck. We were outside mowing a few minutes ago when one blew in and now they're trying to hid under the computer desk as I type. I figured this would be a good time to blog a little since I can't do anything outside.

I have decided that I'm going to ride in the Tour De Possum Creek this year. I had thought about backing out since my back decided to flare up this weekend but I think I'm going to be okay. The TDPC is a ride that's put on by Larry's Bike Shop here in Kingsport as part of Fun Fest and the Pedal, Paddle, Skedaddle. I usually compete in the TDPC and the Crazy 8's road race which both occur on the same day and I also manage to go to work for 6 hrs. in between. This year I'm just shooting for the TDPC and I plan to help out at the Crazy 8's. I don't think I'm going to shoot for the 2 hr cut off time either. I plan to just cruise and enjoy the ride stopping at all the checkpoints for free grub.

I'm off for the next few days so I may try and get out to the trails some before this weekend. In other cycling news our local mountain bike club meeting was last night which I missed due to work but I found out later that night that my name was thrown into the hat as a nominee for club president. Very interesting. Have a good one and get out and ride your bike.

Later

1 comment:

Johnny T said...

got anymore pics of melinda's new bike?