Sunday, July 13, 2008

No racin', no runnin', but plenty of ridin'

We had a pretty fun day yesterday at the Tour De Possum Creek and the Crazy 8's. I ended up riding in the 27 mile ride instead of the 45 and we had a blast. We had a newbie with us yesterday, our good buddy Brandon who has always said we would never catch him on the road He came out yesterday for the ride on my CX bike and now he's on the hunt for a new ride! Towards the end of the ride yesterday a few of us decided to get a paceline going just for fun. Melinda has never been in a paceline before but I did teach her to draft last year. I was really impressed with her, she did a good job staying right in line and she rode really smooth even at high speeds. Way to go sweetheart!
I didn't run last night at the Crazy 8's either, but I really wanted to. Me, Joe , Josh and Scooby and a couple other guys I didn't know led the HUGE pack of runners through the dark, screaming fan lined course late last night. It was alot of fun but I'm not sure we were really needed. Our job was to make sure none of the fans got in the way. I gathered up all my blinky lights, 5 total, and arranged them all over my bike. I think I looked a little like an emergency vehicle without the sirens. It was fun none the less but next year I totally plan on being back in the pack of runners. Melinda and I took a bunch of pictures yesterday but I haven't had a chance to download them from my camera yet. I'll try to get them uploaded soon. Today there is a Crit. downtown Kingsport which I may go try to watch after I get off work. It supposed to rain so that could be interesting.

Later

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Yes, I've ridden in a pace line before. Many times with the girls... The Pink Ribbon Ride, Burnsville Metric and neighborhood rides to name a few. It’s just been a year or so. I got my first flat during one and made it out alive. I just hide my talents for shock and ah purposes!!!!

Riding with dogs said...

lol, sorry I have a bad memory.