Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Do I look like an idiot?



For the past 2 years I've had a problem with sweat dripping down my face and into my eyes. This summer I constantly found myself having to stop in the middle of the tail to "milk" the pads in my helmet. What came out was a nasty stream of sweat. I finally decided that I need to invest in one of those Halo headbands that I've seen everyone wearing. Simple enough, yeah right.
I can't find the damn things anywhere. I've been to several bike shops in the tri-cities and a couple in NC. I actually found some at Liberty in Asheville but they were funky colors and most were the tie around type. I don't think I would like that. I did find this goofy looking headband made by Syncros as if that's not obvious. I went ahead a bought it as something to use until I can locate a Halo. Melinda found it laying in the floorboard of my truck the other day and immediately started poking fun at it. I don't blame her I look like an idiot with it on. What's up with the giant freakin logo right on the front? What am I some kinda billboard? If so these jokers should be sending me some kind of check for displaying they're product so boldly. The main thing here is that it does work. I haven't had sweat running down my face stinging my eyes but it has given me a headache and caused me to stop in the middle of the trail trying to adjust the thing. I guess I'm going to have to break down and order one off the web and pay more in shipping than the cost of the band. That's gonna suck.
It's official GRT Racing has confirmed it's 4th rider for the 2008 race at Haw Ridge. I don't no why I'm obsessing about this race. Maybe because I haven't been able to enter a race since Feb. See you there
Later

2 comments:

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

finally I can be a GRT cheerleader!!!! no more pressure!! yea!!!!!


I got my halo's off ebay

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful, simply beautiful