Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Times

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Friday morning I took the dogs out for an easy spin to get them some exercise and to work any bugs out of the Mamasita. Although the dogs got some exercise the bugs in the Mamasita plagued me all weekend. I am about ready to put the front derailuer back on. I'm on my second chain stop and I keep throwing the chain. I really got spoiled with the singlespeed and it's lack of drivetrain problems.

Friday evening we held the 2nd Hot Dog ride with a few different faces from the last ride. I conned Melinda into joining us at the last minute and even though she was a little hesitant she had a good time. Not everyone (Scooby) is a fan of hot dogs so we had to have a few hamburgers as well but I don't think we'll ever call it the Hamburger Ride.







Saturday we slept in a little and hit Panera Bread for a late breakfast before getting on the road to meet up with Joe, Olga and Josh for a ride at Bent Creek in Asheville NC. Rumors of trail closings due to logging had us a little worried but all our fears were put to rest when we learned the trails were only closed throughout the week. None of the trails were going away to my knowledge. I was a little disappointed in some of the trail work that had been done to Green's Lick. What used to be a really smooth fast decent packed with rolling jumps has had several rock gardens and water bars added that were a real momentum killer. I don't know who does the maintenance up there but they have ruined that trail.












After a few hours of riding and some harrassment at the local bike shop we headed downtown to Barley's Taproom for lunch/dinner and beers. I had never been there but the beer selection was awesome. I could have stayed all day if Melinda would have let me. I tried a couple of homebrews from the Pisgah Brewing Co. and they were excellent. It was a little out of our way but the food and beer was worth it. I'll definitely be going back next time.

1 comment:

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

your chain drop probs...... can you put a smaller BB on it? like if it has a 73X113 could you put a 73X108, 103 ??