Thursday, March 12, 2009

Warrior's Creek revisted



Had another good ride yesterday, Alan and myself headed out to Warrior's Creek for another round of the new singletrack. This time we took a newbie (Aaron) along for the ride, we all had a good time and the weather was great. Spring like temps and dry trail made for some interesting video.






Warrior's Creek from Greg Carr on Vimeo.



Flat Stanley joined us as well after he straightened up his act. He really seemed to enjoy himself even though he didn't get to ride his own bike.





Most of Flat's time was spent in my jersey pocket.


For the most part of the year I have been uneffected by our sour economy, cheap gas prices have allowed me to travel a bit more than usual to trailheads I've never been to. This month that might change. Although I did just get a pay raise and a bonus this month my company has decided to cut everyone's base pay by 5%. I'm not complaining, it's better than getting laid off but it couldn't come at a worse time. For a while now Melinda and I have been eyeing a new camper to replace the "Pancake Shack". While we've enjoyed the Shack I think it's time in our driveway is drawing to a close. We've had a few issues with it that I think are finally being resolved once and for all and our plan was to trade it in on a new travel trailer. The work we've recently had to do to the Shack has so far been covered by the manufacturer but the cost of the labor and who's footing that bill is still undecided. If that falls on us we may be pushing that purchase back a bit.
Our Great Wall project has set us back in the $$ dept. as well. We are still trying to finish it and looking at building a fence so with all the projects, paycheck cut backs and possible bills hanging over our heads who knows what we'll be camping in this spring. It's a good thing we still have our trusty closet full of tents!

2 comments:

Brad said...

nice tunes. i'm itching to ride warrior creek. Would you say it's pretty similar to the OVT lake side trail from bandit's roost or a tad easier??

Riding with dogs said...

harder than the OVT but more fun