Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Ocho




The fine folks who put on the Disc Burner have gone and done it again, The Ocho 8 Hour race was identified on my radar this morning as something that could be a potential race for my schedule.
I raced the Disc Burner for the first time this year and I was really impressed with the organization, race and all that I got for my $50 entry fee. Race shirt (a very nice one) socks, pint glass and 3 kegs of local brew to fill those pint glasses with. All of which is supposed to be at the Ocho. No watered down spaghetti dinner and a bag full of brochures. This was real race swag that can be and was used. I don't recall having to dig through 5 or 6 brochures to dig out the free gel pack. There were no fancy colored plastic bags made to disguise what you thought might be something good but in reality was nothing but trash.
I thought I had only one more cycling race left on my calendar this year but that may not be the case. I am off that weekend but I do have some plans but they could easily discarded for a much more exciting race. All I have to do is talk to my social director before any calendars get marked.

Douthat State Park here I come. Rain, you stay here, my yard needs your services.

No comments: