Monday, October 4, 2010

changes are a coming

Some big changes going on around here but unfortunately it's too early to say anything. I've had trouble in the past with big changes in my life but I think this one will be a good one, hopefully I won't regret it. If your wondering I didn't quit my job, I'm not going back to school and we're not moving, I'm talking about bike changes. As of right now, if things don't work out I can always go back to the way they were. I did make the Local Cult Hero an offer on a straight up trade that could change that but he's yet to acknowledge me. I'll talk more on the move I made when things are more permanent.


I attended another MSG cyclocross race this weekend but only for a few minutes. Seeing the races has really made me want to throw my hat back into the ring. My first experience with cyclocross was aboard my old Surly 1x1 singlespeed mountain bike. It really wasn't the best weapon to choose especially since I was racing folks with gears. I'd do my passing on the climbs and techy sections and get smoked on the long flat sections. For some reason cyclocross really hurts, more than it looks like it should. Watching the race, your thinking I could do that, racing the race your thinking, "What the heck was I thinking?" Then after it's over your thinking, that was fun. After my first year I decided to go out and buy a CX bike which saw more time as a commuter that a race machine. My first race on the CX bike was a bit disappointing for me. It wasn't what I expected it to be. The beating of a fully rigid aluminium frame was rough and I struggled some with the handling on the drop bars. I'm not really sure if I was any faster aboard the CX bike and going from disc brakes to canti's wasn't helping things either.









As much as I really like the new color scheme of the 2011 Surly CrossCheck I think I will stay away from buying another cyclocross bike for a while. If I do decide to throw my hat back into the CX ring it will be aboard a mountain bike. If MSG ever offers a mountain bike catagory like some other series do I might really be interested, hint hint.
It looks as if the 6 Hours of Warriors Creek is officially sold out. Alot of local peeps got in this year and I hope everyone who registered actually registered to race not just make a profit. For a race that is only 2 years old it sure has grown into a popular event. AKS has even registered for this race. The folks at BMCC have really done a spectacular job at building a great trail system and putting on an event that should be the model that all event coordinators should follow. I just hope the fame doesn't effect their decision making in the future.

2 comments:

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

not to make a profit??? dude!

Joshua Stamper said...

If you build it, they will come.....