Monday, May 5, 2008

New Tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is finished, I finally got it and I'm really impressed with Tom's work. I went down to 2 Ton Tat 2 on Fri for my appointment with Tom and I still hadn't seen the artwork yet. When I talked to Melinda she was a little uneasy about it because I hadn't seen anything. I promised her I wouldn't get anything inked unless I was 100% sure it's what I wanted. Tom was actually still drawing when I got there so I got to watch and kinda help out. He was right on with what I wanted and he drew right from the photos that I had taken.







Here I am under the needle, the sitting took a little over 2 1/2 hours. I had to take a couple of breaks not really from the pain but my leg was giving me a bit of trouble and my butt was falling asleep.








Although it appears to have red in the clouds, the tattoo is all black and grey. To keep with the existing theme of the sun and the Celtic band I decided against color. As it heals the clouds will soften to a light grey and the rest of the tattoo will blend and match my older tattoos. Actually the "M" (for Melinda) inside the sun is only a couple of months old. So you can see what it should look like when it's completely healed. A big thanks to Tom at 2 Ton Tat 2 for putting up with me and my indecisiveness. I decided to go with Tom since he is a fellow mtn biker and I had heard nothing but good things about his business and his excellent artwork. He totally lived up to my expectations and I would recommend him to anyone. I can't wait until it's fully healed I can can post some pics here.
Now I guess I'm a cyclist for life which is no problem for me. Cycling has changed my life. It's made me healthier in mind and body and I totally plan on being that grey haired or bald old guy that people talk about in the parking lot at the trailhead. "Did you see that old guy out there riding? I can't believe he's still at it."
I'm sure my parents would like to hear me say this is my last tattoo and it may but I can't help but ponder on another idea I have brewing in my head.

8 comments:

Anthony Duncan said...

Niiice!

Unknown said...

holy crap!! Look great, but I am sure Mom and Dad will freak!!

Anonymous said...

Cool, but i am surprised you didn't get moonshine and jackson into the pic somehow

Work is Good said...

Freakin here

Dad

Johnny T said...

i like it alot - makes me think about what'd i'd get

you think surly will give you something for putting their logo on your arm?

Anonymous said...

I still think you should have gotten it on your butt, then you could have had "Buns of Wheels".

Connie

Riding with dogs said...

Buns on wheels, you might be on to something. Maybe I'll leave that one to you and Katie since yall are so obsessed with butt tattoos

Katie... yeah! said...

lookin nice... real nice :)
how 'bout it mom ---- you wanna go get butt tattoos this summer on vacation?? :)