Thursday, May 8, 2008

Still no saddle time

Technically I have been ok'd to get get back on my roadie but I've yet to do it. What am I waiting on you ask yourself? Well for one my back has been bothering me some here lately, not sure if I aggravated it again or what but I decided to hold off for a while longer. Also I've had a terrible head cold. I've felt pretty crappy this week and I figured I'm better off not trying to push myself, because if I re injure myself it will be longer before I get back to normal. I don't think I can take anymore of this, I'm already about to go crazy.
Ok enough of this whining. I have managed to stay fairly busy this week. We've been doing a lot of landscaping in the backyard, thanks to George W. and the economic stimulus act. We've been hating our back walkway for some time. The mulch we had around the stepping stones was getting kicked around especially by the dogs and after a big rain it would get kinda muddy so we finally decided to do something about it.
Before
After, it's still not finished but I hope to get it completed by this weekend.
Yesterday Melinda and I headed out to Lowes to grab some more stepping stones, we were about 6 short from finishing. We also needed a couple more plants because we extended the flower bed out to the walkway instead of having that goofy little strip of grass. We also decided to add 2 more flower beds on the other side of the walk way to make the whole area a little more appealing. The grass on the left side of the walk way has been looking bad for some time now so we decided to just do away with it. While we were out we stopped by Evergreen to what they had in stock. I was cruising around the Japanese Maple trees which are WAY out of our price range. $80 for a twig and $250 for a decent size tree. I noticed a couple a really big maples in the back that looked really nice, I looked at the price tag expecting to see an amount that was way outta my budget. It read $79, I couldn't believe it. $79 bucks is still alot more than we're used to paying for a tree but this was a Japanese Maple and it was about 10ft. tall and really a great looking tree. I grabbed Melinda and showed it to her and she gave the okay so we loaded it up and headed to the cash register. When the cashier rang it up it registered for $250. I showed the guy the tag and he said something about a mistake but still gave it to us anyway. I couldn't believe it we just bought a $250 tree for a measly $79 bucks. As we were heading out the door Melinda said let's get out of here quick before they change their minds and make us give it back.
Here's our new addition, a Coral Bark Japanese Maple. Jackson seemed to like it as much as I do, I think he's getting ready to take a bite out of it.
I also got some pepper plants for my garden. This year we're growing Jalapenos, Bananas (hot & sweet), Habanaros, Cheyennes, and two cucumber plants (hot pickles).
Melinda got some new bling for her ride two Yakima King Cobra racks. They look really cool and I know all the teachers at her school wonder what all that stuff is on top of her car. She tries to explain but I don't think they really get it.
I'll post some more pics up later of the progress we make this weekend.
Later

7 comments:

Johnny T said...

Looks great man
Good find on the Jap Maple - I like those trees alot - that's what is outside our Watauga House.

Riding with dogs said...

yeah I know I've always admired that tree, is it a Coral Bark?

Anthony Duncan said...

You should've skipped the Jap Maple and just went with a marijuana plant...they have the same leaves. ; )

Johnny T said...

I have no clue if it's a Coral bark or not. Pretty sure it's been there longer than I've been around

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

hey dude thats a good deal on that tree! Angie and I are doing a potted garden ...lol. theres too many wild animals over here that would like for us to make them a garden to eat out of. We already started it on her deck. Peppers, tomatoes,sorry anthony no "grass"

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

by the way you dont need to bending over that much and stressing your back. If they gave you any exercises to do DO THEM it helps alot

Anonymous said...

love the tree and the walk way