Friday, May 2, 2008

Went to the doctor Wed. and I had a good visit. He seemed to think I'm doing better and I feel better, maybe not 100% but I can actually sit here at the computer and type, hence the lack of blogging. I'm not limping and pretty much off the pain killers. I asked him when I could start exercising and he told me no running which sucked but he did say I could do things like cycling and swimming. Did you say cycling? I asked. He said yeah, I said SWEET! Then I proceeded to ask him about racing at the BURN 24 this month and he went whoa! He meant road cycling no mtn biking. CRAP! No mtn biking for at least 6 weeks and no running for a couple of months. That knocks me out of the BURN 24, Blue Plum 5k, Crazy 8's, The Bristol Challenge & the Holston Grind. What a way to start the summer. I'm trying to think positive about all of this, at least I can ride my road bike, the doc did say something funny "easy 25-30 minute rides" what does that mean?
Speaking of bikes I went ahead and bought Melinda a whole new wheel set, same wheels (Mavic Crossrides) but these are a little nicer than her last set and they don't have the goofy UB sidewalls for rim brakes. Who uses rim brakes?
I have been wanting to lose some weight, not that I'm overweight I actually weigh what I'm supposed too for my height and build but I've been wanting to trim down and strengthen my core and upper body so that is what I've decided to focus on. I'm going to try and start eating healthier and eating less, which has been easier since I've not been working out I've been less hungry.
Painting, something I used to do before I got heavily into cycling. Now that I wont be riding my bike as much I think I'm going to try and do some painting this next week. Guess what ideas I have running around in my head right know? Bikes of course.
Today is tattoo day, at least I hope. I haven't seen the new artwork yet and as of Tues there was no artwork but I do have an appointment today at 2 Ton Tat 2 for 3:00. I plan on calling Tom today to see what he's got for me.
I know I promised a few pics from the last CRAWL so here you go.






Alan honoring the mandatory PBR stop




Brandon watering the shrubs






I need one of these on my bike, would a basket look gay?



Scooby & Angie and their new rides



Brad & Sara and the new/old sweet rides

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Johnny T said...

looks like a good place to break out my red bike.

Johnny T said...

before i forget - www.monkeybargym.com - that's the workout system that doesn't use a lot of weights i was telling you about - it has clips of several of the exercises on there

Riding with dogs said...

your red bike made an appearance at a CRAWL last year remember when you let me borrow it

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

nice pics greg!