Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where's the Pancake Shack?

It's now been almost a month since I took the pancake shack in to get the top fixed and I still haven't heard how much it will cost or when I will get it back. We've had it on one trip since we bought it and I'm hoping we get it back in time for our trip to Dupont in July. The lift mechanism had to be removed and sent to the manufacturer for a rebuild. They no longer make this type of lift so we couldn't get a new one. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturer defect or if it's a warranty issue. I've not heard a word but I will continue to call every week and let them know how upset Moonshine and Jackson are about this ordeal. The people who sold it to us seem really genuine but I still can't help but wonder, I'm tempted to send a nasty email.
We're rolling up on Memorial Day weekend and the gas prices are just continuing to rise. I see people driving around town like it's not effecting them. I'm cruising around under the speed limit coasting as much as possible and only driving when I have to. How far will it go and what will be the breaking point. Melinda's last day at school is next week so that should help us out this summer. I heard Barrack Obama said that if he was elected as our President that he would get gas prices down to .99 a gallon. No word on how he plans to do so. I've voted Republican in the past but I'm not sure what to do this time. I'm really not impressed with any of them right now. I normally don't like to talk politics but I think there are a lot of things that need to change in this country and it's not just gas prices. I would like to see us using alternative sources of fuel that aren't as harmful to the environment.
Some good news, Melinda's school district is in the process of building 2 new schools. They've yet to hire the vice principals. They've been calling our house campaigning for Melinda. She has become the most wanted vice-principal in the Washington County school system. Everyone wants her at their school and I can understand why. She gives 100% percent at her job and really looks out for the less fortunate kids. Her job can really be stressful sometimes and it's taken a toll on her in the past but I am very proud of what she does and how hard she works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, its fun to read your blog. It is a great way for me to keep up with you and the Mrs. We'll be coming in town in June and would like for us to hook up for lunch.
Chad

Anonymous said...

I sure would not count on Obama or any of the candidates getting gas to less that 1$/gal. This would take a lot more drilling in the US and neither Obama nor Clinton or even McCain seem to have this direction.

The good news is the price has finally gotten our attention and many of us, like you, are now trying to conserve. I guess it will take another dollar or two per gallon before all see the light.

I would sure like to see an energy policy that promotes conservation of fossil fuels and stops flooding the Middle East with dollars.

the Grumps