Friday, August 1, 2008

Trail dogs

This week I got in 2 road rides and 1 very wet mtn bike ride while I was off. That was great for me, exactly what I needed after a very non productive 3 months. Needless to say that meant leaving the dogs at home everyday with no exercise. Since I'm working nights this weekend I decided to take them on a hike today at the trails. I figured it would be a good day for hiking since we've gotten a lot of rain lately. As soon as I let them out to go load up in the truck Moonshine bolted out the door like her ass was on fire. She ran around our yard and through the neighbors before stopping to drop a bomb right in the middle of their yard! I swear she's on a roll this week.






The trails were actually in pretty good condition and the creeks were up and running swift.
















If you can't tell Moonshine loves to swim. Jackson's not much of a swimmer, in fact I think he's scared of it. I've only seen him swim 2 or 3 times when I tricked him into it.


Earlier today I headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries and as soon as I pulled into the parking lot I saw something very interesting. A green & white Chevy Impala SS with a giant AMP Energy drink can sitting next to it. I immediately did a u-turn, ran home and grab the camera.















I know there are a lot of Dale Jr. fans out there in fact I think he has the biggest following. I don't like him because he's the most popular driver but because I was a fan of his Dads and when he was killed I decided to start rooting for his son. I had already been watching him since he came up from the Busch series. Most of my friends I ride with could care less about NASCAR but I love it and Melinda does too. At least I have something in common with the guys I work with. They think I'm weird for riding bikes and think I'm just another one of those dorks who get in their way on the road. I've just never had much interest in hunting and ball sports.


Jerseys are in! Finally this week our mountain bike club jerseys came in. I have to say they were a bit of trouble to get but they are worth it. I went ahead and got the jersey, matching shorts, arm warmers, and socks.



No comments: