Sunday, October 5, 2008

staying busy

The past couple of weeks Melinda and I have been looking over our calendar and we've realized that we are pretty much booked through Thanksgiving. If I'm not at work we'll probably be out of town. I had plans to race CX this year but I may have to back off on some of the dates due to scheduling conflicts and the need to save a little $$$.
Back in June we did some work in the kitchen that included added a dishwasher,




redoing some of the cabinets,



and installing a garbage disposal. Which is actually still sitting in the box. We actually still haven't wired in or plumbed the dishwasher either. I wondered when we bought it if it was something we really needed. There are only 2 of us. Hopefully I will find some time to finish up before the end of the year but who knows. The holidays may have us busy with family if I don't have to work.

Next weekend we don't have any definite plans but there are a few things going on that we'll probably end up doing. The weekend after that we're heading up to PA. to visit Melinda's brother, fiance and do a little riding. I've been on his case to scope us out some good trails to ride. The following weekend we're heading to Knoxville for the 12 Hours of the Hill of Truth. This race is one of our favorites as we usually have a large showing of folks from our local mtn bike club. We plan to head down on Thurs evening and camp until Sun without any showers and only the use of of porta johns. It could get kinda stinky in the Pancake Shack. I'm pretty excited about this race because will be only my second race of the year. This spring I injured my back and it kept me off my bike for 2 months and no racing since then. I hope next year will bring me more luck and better health. I've been telling myself I need to get serious about my nutrition and drop a few pounds.

Last night after I got off work we headed downtown to the Kingsport Grocery for dinner and a few beers. The Grocery has really developed quite a good beer selection (for Kingsport) and they just opened up a bar upstairs with even more beer on tap. It's crazy how fast things are growing around here, just two years ago if you went out to eat in Kingsport your beer choices were Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light and Michelob Light. You won't find any of that stuff at the Grocery.

I gotta go Dale Jr. just took the lead at Talledaga.




Later

No comments: