Monday, October 13, 2008

weekend riding

Since the Hill of Truth race is coming up in less than 2 weeks and it's the only endurance race on my pathetic racing schedule this year I figured I might just post a pic of a previous race up every post until race weekend.
Here we have 2 members of team "I worship Santa Cruz Heckler" working on a big ole squishy Heckler. Some say it's the best bike ever built... hmmm.
Fri I got off work (nightshift) got about 2 hrs. of sleep and got up for a road ride. About half way through the ride there is a church I use as a turn around point and sometimes I'll pull in to stretch a little. As luck would have it I found this sweet pair of Smith & Wesson glasses! I've heard they make some of the best guns out there so surely they make good eyewear too. Well maybe not but they sure do look cool right?



Saturday Melinda and I stayed close to home, we've been to the vet with Jackson three times this week for allergic reactions to medicine for an ear infection. Poor guy had a rough week. Fri I thought he was going to be okay but 8 hrs after I gave him the medicine he started to break out in hives and all night he scratched his face. I told him he looked like a prize fighter just after a big match.
This weekend was big for MSG, back to back races on Sat and Sun. I decided not to go even though I was off this weekend. We'll be out of town the next 2 and with the vet bills piling up I figured I didn't need to spend the extra money. I wish my job offered pet insurance, it would have helped.
Sunday Melinda and I did manage to get our mtn bikes out, we hit Hungry Mother State Park in Marion VA. to ride the trails. I'd heard they'd just finished a new section so we decided to go check it out. It was an hour and a half drive to ride just a little over 5 miles of hiker infested double track. We had fun but it was just a bit longer of a drive than we would have liked for such a short ride. The new trail was okay if you like riding straight up the mountain on loose dirt. Really it's not a new trail, I think they just did some work to improve what was there. I'd hate to see what the old trail was like. I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow.
Adios

4 comments:

Johnny T said...

Have you read Andy Pruitt's Complete Medical Guide for Cyclist...I've been reading because I hope to do a related rotation, but it is very detailed about bicycle fit and how to properly fit a bike.

Chris said...

an hour and a half drive to HMSP ? did you ride your bikes there ??:)
I havent seen the 'new' trail, but have heard they're doing some work out there. Its a well kept place.

Riding with dogs said...

I don't think it was that new, more like redone with reroutes. Nothing to write home about. It was double track, loose and straight up.

Anonymous said...

Amelia had an ear infection- double too. Poor kids.