Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ahh... the weekend

Today is my last day of work for the week, yeah the weekend is almost here. Every month I get 7 days off. What! you say, 7 days off? Yep that's right and it starts tomorrow. My job has a pretty good schedule if you can handle working 2 weekends out of the month and constantly switching from days to nights and then back again. It's not for everyone and sometimes it wears me down but I like it so far. It allows me more free time to ride my bike. The only downside to this is I'm usually off when everyone else is at work so I ride alot by myself or with the dogs. Anyhow I hope this weekend turns out to be a good one. I think we're pretty dead set on not going to Tsali and I still haven't decided on on ETSU. I'm kinda of disappointed in their lack of work to make the XC race a better event. I have a feeling the turnout is going to suck. All of their focus seems to be geared toward Downhill and Dual Slalom. I guess times are changing, why ride uphill when you can go down all the time and hardly pedal. Why go outside and experience the world when you can stay inside and stay on the couch and see it in HD with full surround sound.
I'm not to sure about the whole DAR FUR fundraiser for this race either. I went to the website but had a hard time trying to figure out what they're main goal is. They have so much info you really have to read and read to understand. I wonder if they did that on purpose? Are they hiding something? It's probably a good cause, I've just not learned enough about it.
Maybe I can round up a few folks to ride all the trails ETSU has, up and down. Old school style! Maybe I'll even break out the cruisers with the old school springer fork.

No comments: