Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Project CrissCross








Project "CrissCross" restoration has officially begun. As you may know I purchased an 80's model Schwinn CrissCross from Norris bicycles for a measly $60. Sunday night the transformation has begun. I started sandblasting the original paint, "Purple Rain", it had to go. I've never been a fan of the color, movie or of the artist formally known as Prince for that matter. I was a fan of the gloved one even if he's a fan of kids. Back to our original topic the sandblasting is going a little bit slower than expected but I should finish it up Sat. I have a few ideas as to how I want it to turn out. I hope to build it up as commuter with drop bars and gears. I would have set it up as an SS but I would have to run one of those crappy chain tensioners. Colors I thinking about: Creme, Alvacado green, flat Olive green, "old school VW" light blue, or flat black. Help me out here with this decision. I like them all but just can't make up my mind. I'm not sure if I can even get these colors but maybe I'll narrow the list down when I take a look at the color swatch list Dave has.
Jackson was dancing around this morning and I asked him what was up he said he wanted his picture taken.
Tattoo update: I spoke to Tom over at 2 Ton Tat 2 and he said my artwork should be ready for approval on Thurs so I'll be heading over there to check it out and hopefully set up an appoinment to get some new ink! Ye Haw!
Later

8 comments:

Johnny T said...

i like flat black, or old school vw, how are you sand blasting it? do you have a sand blaster or are you just throwing some sand on it?
this is your sister beth

Riding with dogs said...

I have access to a sandblaster

Anonymous said...

I think the flat green sounds good

Chris said...

whats up with the Kelty hanging on the wall ... you been hiking? I dug out my old pack just the other day. Spring Fever I guess!

Riding with dogs said...

It always hangs there, I haven't been using it but would like to

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

if its a commuter its gotta be one of the greens......

Riding with dogs said...

why is that?

onthe45biker said...

Sweet. Flat Black! I too have a Criss-Cross that's to be my next project. It's got decent bronze paint, so I think I'll live with the color for a while. The plan is to cannibalize a Lemond Zurich and turn the Schwinn into a full-on cyclocross ride.