Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Great Wall

As Mr. Rogers would say it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Sunny and 60 degrees, a perfect day to go ride, yes? We worked on the "Great Wall" instead. I'm not complaining I got in a good workout and with 45 mins. on the elliptical trainer here at work tonight I should be good. We hauled in another 120 block and came pretty damn close to finishing the second tier of the "Great Wall". The plans were to have 6 rows of block in each wall but the top wall is going to be a little short of the right side due to the slope of the yard so we may add a seventh layer. We got the 5th in today and I think that will be all she wrote till next week. My family will be in town this weekend and we hope to finish installing the dishwasher and garbage disposal we bought last summer.
Hopefully by next weekend I will have some riding related stories to share, Melinda and I have a road trip in the works to NC for a little trail riding action.

2 comments:

Johnny T said...

Are you going to transfer your garden to that first row - you wouldn't have to bend over to garden

Riding with dogs said...

no in fact Melinda wants to redo and expand the garden. The wall will feature shrubs and flowers